RE: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 15:07:51 EDT

> From: dml@tepidcola.com
> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Christine is off the road indefinitely.
> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:31:24 -0400
>

> On Aug 3, 2009, at 00:41 , Terrible Tom wrote:
>
>> I'm really liking the 2010 HD redesigns. The 2010 Power Wagon has
>> me drooling. Certain individuals are trying to tell me to get a
>> diesel... dunno if I trust the 6.7 however.
>

> I would not buy a 2007 emissions diesel truck. the economy hit from
> the DPF regen cycle brings their mileage down to gasser levels, so
> what's the point of not just running the big gasser and saving the
> money? I don't know if those systems will let this new crop of trucks
> last the way the old ones have, either. The diesel appeal has really
> been killed by the NOX emissions standards.
>
> Mike

Ditto^^^

I just went thru the emission BS with a '07.5 6.7. Uncorked they scream but, you'll have to reinstall all the emission stuff to get it inspected soon. Dunno what all these guys are going to do that scraped their DPF, EGR, and what not.
--Hop
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=PID23384::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:NF_BR_sync:082009