RE: Christine is off the road indefinitely.

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 15:15:09 EDT

> From: dml@tepidcola.com
> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Christine is off the road indefinitely.
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:36:28 -0400
>

> On Aug 4, 2009, at 01:08 , Dustin Williams wrote:
>> My Ram got 18 on the highway at 75 MPH over three steep mountain
>> passes both directions in fully stock trim. I've added a K&N, added a
>> few extra PSI to the tires, and will be buying a tonneau cover before
>> I make the same trip this weekend. I'm hoping to top 20 MPG, all that
>> with right around 400 HP.....not too bad.
>>

> With the 6.7? stock tune?
>
> How's your reliability been? I've heard as many nightmares about the
> 6.7s as I have about the first 6.0 Ford Powerstrokes....
>
> Mike

Best my rig saw with 35's 4x4 2500 QC 6.7 was 16 on the hiway at 65mph and 12 in town driving it like I stole it to keep the DPF clean. My new '09 Crew 4x4 sport hemi w/ 3:92's is getting about 12-13 in town driving it like I stole it. Havent made any road trips yet but, on the freeway I'm seeing 17-18 @ 65-70.
After 1.5yrs they got the emission side of things fixed on my 6.7 after the new turbo, egr, wrapping the exhaust, new 02's and 9 computer flashes. The straw that broke my back was the heater grid throwing MIL's even after it was replaced.
Glad you havent had the same probs as I did. Did you double check the EVIC milage by doing a hand calc? Mine was always off 2mpg due to the 35's. The computer would only allow me to go up to 33-34" tire, what ever the power wagon comes with.
--Hop
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=PID23384::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:NF_BR_sync:082009