Leak in AC refrigerant

From: Tom Coulter (metalshop@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 22:19:21 EDT

'97 Dakota Sport 3.9L/2WD; 70,000miles

Several years ago (2005), my cooling totally went South, and - busy as I
was - I sorta blew it off (= tolerated it). I got back on track this summer
and decided to add some refrigerant. I added almost 2 (13oz) cans and it
came back into good operation: cooled like in the good ol' days.

That was almost a month ago. Since then, the cooling capacity has steadily
waned. I'm pretty sure I have a leak somewhere. Realizing that a thorough
leak check is probably in order, I wonder if anybody has had this kinda
thing happen and whether someone might point to the top 2 or 3 likely
culprits. Hose? Fitting?

As always, any thoughts are appreciated.