Re: Tire Siping

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sat Aug 08 2009 - 17:04:48 EDT

Sure, but when I can do it by hand I don't run the risk of siping 1mm
from the edge of a tread block. And I don't think you can only sipe the
inner treadblocks instead of the outer ones. Supposedly if you sipe the
outer ones you can chunk the outer blocks, especially on rough terrain.
This way I get 1/4" apart sipes while staying away from the edge of the
blocks. It's more conservative but longer lasting (hopefully) than
machine siping.

MattB