Re: DML HQ gets hammered

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 19:49:18 EDT

Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> Jon wrote:
>>
>> We had some monster storms roll through here last night, there is
>> massive flood damage to the entire area.

> We want pictures. :-)

   Unfortunately I couldn't get any of the really good stuff, which
was last night. It was just too dark and the flash did nothing. :-(
I (stupidly) tried to cross one of them, not realizing how deep it was
at the time, but backed up in a hurry when it started to push the
Cherokee sideways... :-o

   I've got a few "aftermath" photos, nothing great. There's a couple
of the road, several of that mobile home park, and a photo and video
of my basement. I "repurposed" a lift pump which is normally used to
pump the water from the washing machine up to the sewer level in order
to get most of the water out, and was able to use a couple of garden
hoses to get a siphon going which emptied the remaining couple of
inches.

http://www.jonsteiger.com/temp/flooding

>> I'm sure there's lots of topography change
>> on the trails and especially at the creek though. Currently the water
>> is too high to even get to the lower falls, but it may drop in the
>> next few days if it will EVER STOP RAINING! :-)

> Sounds like the trail runs are going to be interesting this year.

  Yep, I'd guess so. :-) I actually don't have a running trail
vehicle currently (been meaning to fix the trans leak and CAD in the
Ram and the Willys carb is being ornery), but maybe that's a good
thing. ;-) I was planning to get something running before the BBQ,
but I'm not worried about it at this point - I've got so much to do
its amazing that there IS a BBQ this year. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-