Ok... almost ready to roll ...

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 22:34:30 EDT

Ok well... I'm still not thinking clearly after watching that Dakota Convertable video....
*deep breath*

Anyway... I managed to whip the Ram into shape. Winchester (yes it actually does have a name)
and I will be arriving some time Wednesday evening or late night. We all know how my estimated
time of departure, has historically been WAY off. I have packing left to do, and a couple
things to tie up on the truck (litterally - I have to bolt the battery down) and it should be
good to go.

The Ram has undergone the following repairs...

New passenger side hub unit-bearing
ALL new ujoints, including the front axle joints that I had put in, in Colorado
Rancho Shocks are finally in
All new tierods, ball joints
New steering damper
New aftermarket drag link
New after market steering column shaft (between the wheel and the gear box)
Wheel alignment
Tires rebalanced and rotated
Transmission solenoids replaced (trans shifts better than it did when I bought the truck)
New serp. belt, belt tensioner, and idler pully
Fixed the drivers side power window (glass came out of the track, free fix)
Had a new CAT and drivers side hub unit-bearing put on in ths spring)

It cost me a lot in parts, and labor (I installed some, had a shop finish up other stuff) but
its a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new truck, and it rides awesome compared to before.
No more steering wheel clunk, no more clunking over bumps, no more pulling to one side. It
rides like a Caddie compared to what it was before.

I still need new sway bar links, change all the driveline fluids, coolant flush, replace the
blown intake manifold gasket... but those are not critical at the moment.

Time to get packing...

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck