Re: Fuel pump pressure.

From: John Dunlap (jsdunlap@roadkill.org)
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 09:04:55 EDT

My input was only related to the system holding the fuel pressure at
the fuel rail. If an injector is open that pressure won't hold simply
because of leak down at the injector. Reapplying that pressure at the
rail with a leaky or open injector will only spill fluid into that
one, or more, cylinders. While the engine may very well start after a
few key cycles the excess in the cylinder may wash the walls to the
detriment of the whole system. It may put too much in so that the oil
might get diluted in the pan.