Re: Re: ATF fountain

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 18:37:33 EDT

Don Rey <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:

> The NV3500 plugs require a 17mm hex key. Probably the same big allen
> wrench you mentioned for the '00 transfer case. I wondered (inbetween
> cursing) why they didn't just use the same damn plugs on my transfer
> case. I don't mind ATF in the hair so much though... keeps the
> skeeters off... plus with a good smear coating of ATF, the black grime
> (which otherwise stains your skin for a week) will wash right off.

   On a related note, I haven't tried this myself, but I heard or read
somewhere that an old mechanic's trick is to work liquid hand soap,
detergent, etc. into your hands/arms and let it dry. When you go to
wash up afterwards, I guess all of the dirt and grease is on top of
the soap, which goes away as soon as the water washes away the soap.

   Seems like it'd work? If anyone tries it, let us know the results.
:-)

--
                                          -Jon-