Re: Re: ATF fountain

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 14:47:22 EDT

The stuff is dangerous. This was either posted here or on the MML, but
it's worth repeating: If you clean something with brake cleaner before
you weld on it, if it's not completely evaporated, so much as a tiny
drop can be converted during welding to a chemical called phosgene
that's enough to kill you if you breathe it in at concentrations as
little as 4 ppm, and give you emphysema, kidney failure and all sorts of
nasty stuff in even lower does than that. Oh, and it has a delightful
smell similar to freshly cut grass, so it smells nice before it kills
you. ;)

MattB