Re: NV3500 dies

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Nov 02 2009 - 11:15:33 EST

On Oct 31, 2009, at 21:17 , Jim Zito wrote:

> Well it wasn't the synchros. It was loose shift tower allowing most
> of the
> fluid to leave the building.

That sucks Jim.

My Cummins truck NV4500 lost 5th on my way home from wheeling last
night. 5th gear nut was fixed 20-25,000 miles ago. I drove home
(100 miles after loosing 5th) in 4th, and it was fine. Got home and
started shifting and 1-2-3 are whining badly and R is jammed up.
Stalled the truck a couple times and almost could not get the trailer
in the driveway. Not a happy camper.

There's a NV5600 on Ebay right now for a reasonable price. That will
be procured shortly if tonight's PTO cover removal produces the oil
based metalic slurry paste that I expect to find.

Mike
Dak
Cummins
projects