Transmission Not Dropping into 1st.

From: Kenneth M. Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Wed Nov 04 2009 - 12:08:23 EST

Okay there's a little story to go along with this.

About a week ago the radiator plug went and drained the radiator while I was
driving. Temp never pegged the needle but it was up in the 260 range.

On the way to get the trans fluid flushed this morning the transmission started an
intermittent behavior of not dropping into 1st gear. I can manually put it into 1st
and it works fine.

BTW I've got a 2000 QC with the 5.9

Any of you with trany experience have any suggestions as to what I should try next?