Re: AOL write up on Chrysler changes... (OT)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 23:10:50 EST

"Tom Byrne" <kerib@ptd.net> wrote:

> Watching sports has it moments, but playing hockey is better than anything I
> have done on wheels, including SCCA competition and drag racing.

    Hmmm, maybe you're not doing it right? Heh! Just kidding. I
actually did enjoy PLAYING various sports as I was growing up,
especially football, but to just be watching a game is a snoozefest.

    As much of a motorhead as I am, to a certain extent, the same thing
holds true for motorsports. Unless what is going on is very special
or unusual in some way, just watching it doesn't hold my interest for
very long. Something like rallycar may pique my interest but after a
bit, watching the same angle of cars blasting around the same corner
or jump over and over, I move on to another channel. Probably driving
a stock car would get my adrenaline pumping, but watching NASCAR on TV
is like popping a couple of Tylenol PMs and then washing them down
with a bottle of Nyquil... :-)

--
                                          -Jon-