Re: steering knuckle and new ball joint ?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 31 2010 - 08:04:06 EST

I haven't been following this one, but I experienced a couple of "clunks"
with the DAKSY
front end that might give you an idea of where to locate the sound...
One was from the infamous driver's side lower shock bolt. It had sheared,
but the head stayed
in position & it wasn't til I relieved the pressure on the lower "A" that I
found it to be "floppy"...
The second was on the same side, but it was at the upper alignment
(caster?)bolt.
It seemed tight, but at full crank it'd jump in the adjustment slot.
Hadda diagnose this with a friend watching as I cranked the steering wheel
back & forth...
Lotta PB Blaster & a BF Breaker bar & all fixed.......

HTH...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +