Re: Internal vs. External Balance

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 03:36:43 EST

The 408 "kit" was sold to me as a balanced kit. Does that mean it should
have been internally balanced?
Still curious how this is done exactly. I know the spec sheet of the
pistons state the weight of each one (all 524 - 526 grams).
Are 360's externally balanced with the balancer or converter?
If a 360 needs a new harmonic balancer or torque converter, how do they
determine where counter weight are placed and where do they go?

Thanks again,
James