partially clogged heater core

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 01:08:03 EST

I think i have a partially clogged heater core, since the output
hose is a lot cooler than the input hose.

So, what do you all think: how likely am i to cause/expose a leak
if I (carefully) back flush it or otherwise try to unclog it?

I live in SoCal and it's not worth it to me to open up the
dashboard-of-worms just to get more warm air.

It's my 99 Dak at about 120k, and have changed the coolant,
though maybe not quite as often as i should have.

Thanks,
eric