Re: Is the Maloo R8 the fastest production "truck"?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 12:31:32 EST

Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 23:23, <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:
>>
>> "Brian" <hskr@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> That's where you have to learn the difference between fastest and quickest.
>>

>>    I'll take quick over fast any day of the week (and twice on
>> Sunday).  ;-)  Fast comes with bragging rights, but is pretty useless
>> in the real world, IMHO.

> Being able to go 50MPH faster than a vehicle that's already capable of
> going 60MPH over the highest posted speed limit in the state is
> completely pointless to me.

> Being able to accelerate in a hurry, OTOH, is very useful.

    Yep. And even in racing, unless the track is completely straight
and really long (i.e. salt flats), you need to turn eventually, and
the guy who can accellerate out of the corner faster is probably
going to be out in front at the finish line. The other car may be
"faster", but will lose the race because its competing in a bunch of
short drag races separated by curves. :-)

    I don't care so much about the speed itself, the fun is in seeing
how quick you can get to that speed. :-) Any vehicle capable of what
I would consider a "fun" accelleration rate is bound to have a top end
well above what I'll ever use anyway.

--
                                          -Jon-