RE: 47RH - 46RH swap?

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 16:17:52 EST

According to Allpar.com the 47RH was used on Ram 2500 and 3500 models with
8.0-liter V-10 or 5.9-liter Cummins Turbo-Diesel engines. It was created
by upgrading the 46RH transmission and the overdrive unit.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/47RH.html

To swap one onto a small block you would first need to determine if the bell
housing bolt pattern is the same and the starter is in the same place. The
other dimensions should be the same as the 46RH behind the 5.2 and 5.9 V8
engines. (note the 5.9L diesel is a straight six)

Then comes the cost vs benefit question. Last I heard, Dan, you have a 318
Dakota. If you're considering this swap I'm curious as to what you hope to
gain?

Ray
Photos & specs: http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html