Re: Wheel bolt pattern?

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2010 - 09:08:37 EDT

I kinda wish they'd stuck with the 5x4.5 pattern instead of going to 6
bolt for little more than marketing reasons. When Hemi Ram 1500s are
coming with 5x4.5 you'd think it would be good enough for the Dakota
too. Sure would make getting wheels easier.

You can convert them using the earlier year stuff if you have a 2nd gen,
but then I think you lose ABS, and I kind of like my 4 wheels ABS. It's
nice not having to worry about threshold braking when a light turns
yellow on you and the pavement in the intersection is about the same as
you'd probably see at the Chrysler proving grounds in their "rough road"
testing area. ;)

I'm sure the 1800lb payload package isn't helping here either.

MattB