Re: RE: was: "What gives"; Now: screwy gas gauge

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 - 20:13:34 EDT

My bet would be a sending unit.

- Josh

On Apr 7, 2010 6:53 PM, "John Hower" <jehower@comcast.net> wrote:

Dakota content:

Filled the tank in the Dakota today and as I was pulling away from the
station realized that the gas gauge was fluctuating between full and empty.
On the 80 mile trip home it would register correctly for awhile then drop
below half and slowly come back up. After sitting a few hours it was showing
almost empty again and when I started driving it was all over the
place...except where it should have been.

Ground problem? Dash or tank?

John Hower
1995 Dakota 3.9L auto