Re: Recycled oil?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 22:13:05 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ok, I just hhad an epiphany and I want to share.
> Fact #1 the GF's car burns and leaks oil. A lot of oil, like 1/2 qquart per gas tank.
> Fact #2 I have 4 litres of mobil one that I just drained out of my bike with less than 3k miles on it.

> What is stopping me from using the used oil in the gf's car? It's car oil to begin with and I know from experience (testing) that there's plenty of liife left in that oil..
> It has got to be at least as good as the generic stuff.

    For what it's worth, it makes sense to me! Especially if you are
careful during the drain to not pick up extra dirt and such during the
process, but even if you do, it doesn't sound like a little dirt is
gonna hurt that engine any more than it already is. :-) Heck, see if
the local Jiffy Lube will set you up with some 50 gallon drums! :-)

--
                                          -Jon-