Re: bearing/hub going? 4wheel abs?

From: conv442@earthlink.net
Date: Sat Apr 17 2010 - 00:24:58 EDT

no wire, anywhere near the spinning parts = no front ABS

I'm a 2wd guy, but thoughts are plentiful despite the late hour and extreme fatigue after driving 400+ miles today after aboot 8 hours @ work......

Lifting from the frame may or may not reveal the problem. Try lifting each side with the jack under the lower control arm (LCA) then attempt to rock the wheel front to back and top to bottom. f2b will reveal bad tie rods u2b bad ball joints.

Not sure how the 4wd is set up on yours...it will either have some u-joints (2 per side) or a CV joint. Bad u-joints can make noises at specific spin rates (don't ask how i know this unless you come to the BBQ and I've had at least 2 beers). Not sure about noised from CV joints as I've never had one go bad on me...only had them on my 280ZX and them was fine despite my abuse of that vehicle.

Look closely at your shocks as well, I had noises when the lower bushings "magically" vanished on me and I was getting clunks on turns. Didn't notice that they were at fault until I was doing an oil change......

Jim
03 full time 2wd CC Dak missing 2 pistons.....