Re: Oil gremlin

From: Orr, Christopher J (cjorr@boatorr.net)
Date: Thu May 13 2010 - 11:32:19 EDT

On 5/13/10 11:17 , Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On 13-May, 2010, at 09:02 , Orr, Christopher J wrote:
>
>> Recently, I've noticed that the dipstick has been dry. There's no oil spots on the garage floor. As far as I can tell it doesn't burn it...no blue smoke...no burning oil smell.
>

> On 13-May, 2010, at 10:36 , Josh Battles wrote:
>
>> plenum gasket

All-

Thanks!
I won't be able to check until later tonight, but after some Googling
around the symptoms sound about right...though I don't seem to have
the loss in power and knocking that the others do.

It looks like it could be an easy replacement to do myself, although I
must admit I'm not confident in my ability to do it correctly.
About what should it cost to replace at a garage or a dealer?

Thanks,
-chris