Re: Brake stuck

From: Chris (chris_blm@comcast.net)
Date: Sun May 23 2010 - 18:22:42 EDT

I don't know if it was due to 5 months of not driving the truck (when
driving the Ford ZX2), but it seemed like the brakes did grab quickly. I
did just replace them in November before I stopped driving.

As I was looking, I probably also should replace the hard line as well.
The ones in front are realy rusty, due to them being exposed.

I plan on keeping the truck as long as possible (hopefully another 10
years). I have on schedule to replace the timing chain, alternator, AC
compressor, AC lines, Trans and Oil pan gaskets, and trans filter.

I'll spend the $30 for each caliper and $10 for rear drum pistons, then
I'll replace whatever lines I can later (I should be able to clamp the
soft lines to prevent all the fluid from leaking).

The list of stuff to do at the DML BBQ is getting longer.

--
Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL