Re: Fuel Gauge Error

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Mon May 31 2010 - 13:26:34 EDT

>>>As I looked up for the part at rockauto.com I noticed that the sinding
>>>unit is one part with the fuel pump, so that makes it expensive. SAD ;(

Does anybody have another suggestion?<<<

Unfortunately, the sending unit and the fuel pump are one peice and you
can't swap one independantly of another. If you aren't feeling like droppin'
the cash to get the whole thing replaced, you can always count mileage (or
kms in your case) and just fill up at certain mileage intervals until the
fuel pump fails. That's what I did with my 88' Dak for a good couple of
years. =)

- miggity