Re: RE: Need headlight help

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 14:09:36 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:

> Help! Something in the steering column shorted out and now I have
> no lights. Can someone with a gen3 send some specific instructions
> on how to jumper the on signal from the fogs to the on for the
> headlights? I am going to need them to get home tonight, but I
> only have cell phone internet and am in the boonies so only email
> works... Thanks.

    Do you have access to some wire, tools, etc? With some of those
3M quick spice type connectors, you could tie into the fog light wire
and connect it to the low beam wire (might be a good idea to cut the
low beam wire to avoid back-feeding). Also, I don't know how much
amperage the fog light circuit is designed to handle versus how much
the headlights consume, but it might not be a bad idea to unplug the
fog lights, just in case.

    Worst case scenario, you could wire directly from the battery to
the low beams.

    Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to tell you as far as wire colors
go, and that may be what you are looking for. You could unplug the
lights though and probe the bulb or wires to find them.

    Not much help, sorry! Maybe someone else will chime in with some
more useful info. I hope you get it figured out!

--
                                          -Jon-