Re: Tire sizes

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 15:44:11 EDT

More spirited than autocross since I had kids, but yes. I was hoping the
lower profile would negate the decrease in width. It's only about an inch
narrower too so probably not too bad.

No funds for wheels sir. Tires and brakes first. I would sell my MP stroker
crank though. Anyone want to build a 408?

On a sidenote, Sheena was talking to someone today and they mentioned they
might want to purchase. I did a value estimate on kbb and it came up with
3100-4k depending on condition. Think $3500 is fair for having a cracked
windshield and a tiny bit of rust on the tailgate?

> On 1-Sep, 2010, at 11:12 , Josh Battles wrote:
>
>> Currently I've got 255/60/15 (27" x 10") BF Radial
>> T/A's [2] on the truck and it looks like this [1]. I'd like to switch it
up
>> to something smaller and sportier while still maintaining all weather
>> functionality. After much searching I narrowed it down to a couple I
thought
>> were pretty nice.
>>
>> 225/50/15 (24" x 9") Kumho Ecsta KU25 [3]
>> 225/60/15 (26" x 9") Fuzion HRi [4]
>

> Don't you autocross and drive in a spirited fashion on occasion? Stepping
from a 255 down to a 225 is going to turn up the suck in the cornering
department, I'd think, even with a lower overall height and sidewall.