Re: Re: tap tap tap, this thing on?

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 13:33:14 EDT

I've been using Mobil-1 5w30 in the 05 since I got it. Change it
every 10,000 miles and so far haven't had any issues in 127,000 miles.

But what I really want to know is this whole zinc thing for older
engines. The 340 I'm going to install in the 98 has a flat tappet
cam, and a number of people have told me I need an oil that has zinc
in it. Mostly they recommend the Joe Gibbs Racing Oil. Not sure what
zinc has to do with lubricating engines, but there's a lot I don't
know.

Anyone know how much of this is hype?

Gary

--
Gary Hedlin
Show Car Signs by Hedlin Designs

--Many talk about those who died, but too few talk about those who survived... THANK A VET!