Brakes

Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 15:24:43 EDT

Well, from the sound coming from my front end on my '95 Dakota (4 wheel
ABS, 10" drums) it's time to get off my couch this weekend and install
the new rotors and pads I bought last winter. I'm planning on
installing the speed bleeders I have and bleeding the brakes since it's
not been done since I bought the truck last August, and I don't want to
force possibly nasty/dirty brake fluid back through the ABS system when
I compress the caliper pistons.

Anyone have any gotchas I need to look out for? I'm going to use my
handy dandy harbor freight air-powered brake bleeder for the first time
(hopefully it's not crap, the reviews on the site are good). I've never
replaced a bleed screw either, any tips for making sure I don't end up
with air in the ABS system?

Thanks,

M.B.