Re: Re: K&N fipk

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 17:05:39 EDT

>>I know the FSM and the dealer recommend copper plugs. But I've got NGK?
platimun plugs in my 00 4.7l for two reasons and neither has anything to
do with performance:<<<

Generally the rule of thumb is this: If it didn't come with platinums, you
shouldn't put platinums in it. We had sooooo many people bring in cars and
trucks they had tuned up elsewhere or done it themselves and were running
like crap. Some even had misfires and/or check engine lights. As soon as we
swapped the copper plugs back in, they ran fine. I've just seen way too many
engines run badly on plats to take the risk of putting em' in. Some trucks
run better and some don't. YMMV =)

- miggity
00' R/T CC... mods, I has them.