Re: Ugh! More truck problems. Something's wrong with my 4 wheel drive.

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2010 - 11:06:22 EST

On Tuesday 28 December 2010 08:21:15 you wrote:

> I'd expect $150-$200, and isn't a replacement around $300?

$265.21, as picked up at Rockford Driveshaft in 2007. They wouldn't touch the
old one. I'm sure it's possible to cut the CV off the old one and weld a new
flange on that takes a normal U joint, then balance it again, but it doesn't
seem worth it to me. This way, I got a new driveshaft, with greasable joints.

> Hmm, I just checked RockAuto for an '03 4.7, they list a different shaft
> for auto and manual trans. I figured it was due to length difference, but
> the auto has the funny CV and the manual has a single ujoint (not double
> cardan CV) with the same 6 bolt flange.

That's weird. I could see length being different, but I'm surprised that
they'd change the design too.

> them, no lengths listed. They don't list rear driveshafts so I have no
> hint from that whether the drivetrain lengths differ

Without measuring, I'd expect the manual vs. auto to be different lengths.