OT: Picture Hosting

From: Jamie C (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2011 - 12:17:44 EST

Obviously this is completely off topic but I know there a bunch of computer
knowledgeable people here!

We have a website hosted at 1and1.com but in addition to the website, I
would like to use our available web space to host some pictures so when I
created an eBay listing, it will pull the pictures from my web space. I
considered Photobucket but I think I'd rather use our own web space. Or
perhaps someone can point out the pros/cons of each.
Regarding my own hosting, where would I begin? I don't maintain our own
website so I wouldn't know where to start, how to upload, how to link them
etc.

Thanks for any help!
Jamie