Re: Brake Upgrade

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Feb 02 2011 - 23:32:44 EST

BOBBY <bocd@optonline.net> wrote:

> I'm upgrading mine using 03 dak spindles and calipers, ebc rotors....yes
> 03's have 12" rotors, and green 7000 pads. Energy Suspension poly
> bushings..... Sent everything to the powder coater for gloss black. I'm
> gona do either the rear conversion or swap an 03 rear with discs
> in......just for looks.

    Yep, I can see that on a show truck (my comments regarding a rear
disc swap being not worth it were more directed to someone looking to
upgrade the performance of a daily driver) - obviously you guys out on
the bleeding edge have different priorities and the wow factor of rear
discs is probably worth it in your case. I don't have any firsthand
experience regarding the work, but swapping in an '03 rear that
already has the discs does sound pretty easy. Plus, that will give
you an excuse to have it powdercoated first! :-)

> Hey Jon whats up? Your brother competing this year? I'm hoing for july
> 8th and 22nd

    Yep! He had a pretty long show season last year and so he decided
to stretch it far enough to hit a regional show at the very end of his
season to qualify him for this year where his first show is not until
September (2011 North Americans in Cleveland). That will allow him to
not have to diet down and qualify, he will be in offseason mode
building mass all the way up to the show which should allow him to put
on a lot of muscle. He took 8th place at the North Americans and 13th
at the Nationals in super heavyweight last year, and is working to
move up a few spots this year. Best of luck to you in your shows!!

                                        -Jon-

--
Jon Steiger
Steiger Performance