RE: Brake Upgrade

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2011 - 21:43:17 EST

If the rear is locking up with the drums then you have a problem with your
ABS system as all Dakotas since at least '94 have had RWABS standard.
Switching to the 2003 rear disc set up, or even the SSBC rear disc
conversion is a very worthwile mod. It WILL help with braking performance
even on a daily driver. The rear drums on Dakotas have always been marginal
at best, even when adjusted properly.

brian cropp

  _____