RE: NOW: car chat WAS: Brake Upgrade

From: BOBBY (bocd@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2011 - 23:51:45 EST

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Josh Battles wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2011 9:32 PM, "BOBBY" <bocd@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>> cool car....
>
> Thanks Bob! I really like it and can't wait to get it back where it
> needs to
> be. Going to be hitting the junkyards hard in the spring and start
> with the
> sunroof panel and front end. Maybe tint the windows too. I'll be
> putting a
> pioneer head unit I've got laying around in as soon as it warms up a
> bit.
> I'm curious as to the condition of the speakers, they look like they
> might
> be hacked up.

my son wanted one of those....
if i had to guess....i'd say those speakers are pretty brittle :o)

>> my daily is a volkswagen cc.... i love taking the truck out but i
>> drive
> alot. got the volks in april and it has 37,000 on it. the car is much
> more
> comfortable than the dak
>
> Those are nice cars. I've always had a soft spot for Volkswagens. Wow,
> that's a ton of miles! What do you do all that driving for? Work? I
> can
> believe the car is more comfortable, imo the dak seats left a lot to
> be
> desired.

I drive alot so I get a new car every three or 4 years..... my last 2
cars were coopers. a regular cooper and a cooper s
i put over 200,000 on the cooper.....but the s started giving me all
kinds of trouble at 75,000 miles..
needless to say i loose alot of money on cars..... a 3 year old car with
over 150,000 miles doesn't bring much in the way of re-sale
i get a car allowance from work and i get to write off my mileage as a
business expense but i liked it alot better when i got a leased car in
the companys name
i change my oil once a month or so....go thru 2 sets of tires a year,
about 4 windshields a year....and am real rough on shit....but i gota
get more mileage outa this car

i started a service division for the company i work for about 25 years
ago......i've been there 35 years.....old bastard :o)
valves....power plants, cogen plants, trash burners and a few refinery's
rebuild of safety valves, control valves, gates, globes ect......mostly
in-place but some in our shop
electric actuator and gauge glasses rebuilds.....and some inplace
machining

basically we are a big ole machine shop with steam, air and water test
loops

i moved from a basic hourly job to vice president and am now responsible
for maintaining the base customer relationships and building new
bussiness....
i used to be responsible for all operations but now concentrate on
revenue....
we have aprox 20 guys who are valve tech's, machinists, welders ect
it's fun but high pressure and stressful.....everything is emergency and
we're always critical path.....but that's what i know
the miles come from driving to accounts in the new jersey, new york,
conn, penn areaa

so now you know :o)

hitting the rack now....talk tomorrow

bob