Re: 46RH to 46RE??

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 22:04:10 EST

Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 16:18, <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:
>>    Wow, that's a new one on me too!  3 speed????  Did some quick
>> google searching, and apparently there are some vehicles out there
>> with these transmissions.  I guess the overdrive was an option and
>> some folks were too cheap to spring for it?  Very strange, especially
>> in the 90's where overdrive had been commonplace for nearly a decade!

> Chrysler was just late to the party. The '93 or '94 Acclaim I had for
> a year or two only had a 3-speed in it, probably the same in most of
> the minivans since it was the same platform.

    Heh! Yeah, in doing some searching earlier when Mike mentioned
the reference to the 3 speeds in his service manual, I came across a
post from a guy asking some questions on a forum about the 36RH in his
'94 Ram Van. (!) Its just weird to think of that combination - a
Magnum engine and a 3 speed transmission built in '94 when the trucks
had been equipped with overdrive since the premagger days in the late
80's. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-