Re: Re: Mobil One oil

Date: Sun Feb 13 2011 - 15:52:43 EST

That's what I get for reading the DML at work, now isn't it? ;)

Considering a lifetime of synthetics the engine is probably pretty clean
inside. I don't see a problem with 5w50 in the summer. I used to run
15w50 M1 in my old turbo cars in the summer, but that was because of the
turbo.

I'd probably idle the engine a few seconds longer to let the oil
pressure come up before taking off though, if you don't already. I'm so
anal in the winter I tend to shift the automatic into N and give it a 10
count before shifting into drive as the automatic doesn't pump fluid in
park. Probably makes no practical difference at all but it makes my
mild obsessive-compulsive nature feel better. ;)

M.B.