RE: Taps

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 15:09:24 EST

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, knox.james@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Hey Eric , Good point :-) Jason & Tom are proud Americans and do things
> right .

Good Grief... This has to be one of the strangest threads I've ever
started. I quoted a line from "A Christmas Story" and we wind up
discussing my citizenship status and wondering what of sort of American I
am. For the record, I suppose I'm not that great a citizen, because I
thought only military personnel were required to salute the flag during
the playing of Taps. During the National Anthem, I always stand up, take
off my hat, place my hand over my heart and face the flag, but I was
completely unaware that Taps had any requirements for civilians. (Though
I certainly have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for those
who serve.)

It's possible that one day I might learn to think twice before posting
stuff to this list. Or not. It's so much more interesting this way :-).