Re: While we're talking about automatic transmissions...

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2011 - 22:57:09 EST

On 2/25/2011 9:31 PM, Brian wrote:

> Yes, but technically he has the 45RFE and don't believe there is a
> compatible TCM to make the 2000 model year into a 545RFE.
>

> brian cropp

Technically I do not have a 45RFE since I do not own a 2000 Dodge Dakota :)

Not looking to make a 545RFE out it... personally I would rather not
have that odd ball mid-shift gear. I was just curious as I wasn't sure
just what transmissions were run in 2000. That model year was kind of an
odd ball.. several transitions... 2000 was the first year of the 4.7L,
but the last year with the old interior and lever shift T-cases. 2000
was also the year that the front-end steering was redesigned, to use a
rack and pinion vs a steering gear box.

I'd rather have a 318 to be honest... I have had unpleasant experiences
working on 4.7L's in the last year...

--
terribletom