Re: 2011 DML BBQ alternatives?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Apr 23 2011 - 21:23:44 EDT

TerribleTom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/2011 10:00 AM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> Ok, I know I pulled this last year too, but I don't think I'm
>> going to be able to do the BBQ this year either. I've got a couple of
>> construction projects going on and am moving the shop all around, and
>> I do not see any possibility of being done with this by the time the
>> BBQ rolls around, so I figured its better to beg off now and that will
>> give us some time to make alternate plans, if desired.

> I already took myself out of the running for any DML stuff this year...
> sorry to say.

    What, didn't you hear? We're all showing up at your cabin this
year! First, Jim Zito is going to build a ramp in the front yard using
the dirt and rock he's dug out of his basement, then we'll take turns
trying to jump our trucks baja style over the cabin using the ramp.
(Note to Jim: please build a landing ramp as well...) I fear most
attempts will be unsuccessful, however this will result in ample
kindling for our final activity, which will be to touch off the MOAB*
and roast hot dogs, burgers, and anything else silly enough to still
remain within a quarter mile...

* - Mother Of All Bonfires

    Hmmm, in retrospect, I fear I have revealed too much. Please
ignore this post, there's nothing to see here, and all is well. Hey,
look over there - I think a Sasquatch is stealing your car keys!
(Quick, somebody hide Tom's shotgun!)

--
                                          -Jon-