Lots of miles

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2011 - 11:26:25 EDT

Bob writes: >> woah....shit azie you drive more than i do! <<

Yes!! Two of them as a matter of fact!!

> '89 V6 Auto lwb (almost 400Kmiles & still kicking
> with 2 tranny rebuilds) Bought new in '89.
>
> '95 V8 Auto Ext Cab(388K miles rebuilt eng @ 350K)
> Both are 2wd. Bought in '96 with 6K on it. <<

"DID" is the proper term here for my driving a lot..
When we were both employed it was about 70 miles/
day each just going to work & back.
I retired in 2K, & drove more after I retired than when
I was employed until the wife retired a couple of years
ago. I stay home a lot now. For the last 20 or so years
of my employment I probably averaged 32-33K/yr.
We are faithful Alabama Football Fans & go to
all the home games & as many of the away games
as we can get tickets to. That only adds up to around
8K/yr.. The rest of it is mostly local. A couple of trips
to the Gulf Coast/yr & a couple to the Pidgeon Forge/
Gastlinburg/yr & maybe a trip to Branson & thats it.
If Gas continues to rise, I might have to cut out the away
games & the mountains.. (My wife has a 2002 Vanden
Plas Jag that has 133K on it also) Keep in mind I have
5 grown Children the youngest of which is 34+. I also
have 13 Grandchildren, the oldest is 20 & a Junior @
Auburn(Yeah I know, but not my choice), & the youngest
is 4 months.. All of them that are old enough to walk, are
involved in Various Sports, Dance, ect, & I try to attend
as many of their activities as possible.

Face your past without regret.
Handle your present with confidence.
Prepare for the future without fear.

Azie