Re: Truck down

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2011 - 16:33:57 EDT

I think you're looking at a mechanical issue, not a sensor problem...

no change in MAP would mean it's not drawing vacuum while cranking. that could point to valvetrain issues. lack of compression would also make it turn over faster.

codes set
12 Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles (normal)
13 No change in MAP from start to run
17 Closed loop temp not reached or engine cold too long
46 Charging system voltage too low

I'd agree that 13 is the only telling code there....

Mike