"Clunk" on 2nd Gen

Date: Wed May 11 2011 - 16:17:29 EDT

Vehicle: 1995 Dakota CC 4x4

Anyone ever run into an issue where you get a loud "clunk" from the
front end when the steering wheel is turned hard to lock while rolling
forward, usually over a bump? I've noticed it the last few times
pulling out of my company's tight parking garage. The front swaybar
bushing squeak a bit too, so I'm hoping it's just bad swaybar bushings,
or maybe a CV going bad. With my luck though it's probably ball
joints... I already know it needs a steering box, it makes loud
ratcheting noises when you turn the wheel at low speeds but this seems
to be coming from the drivers side wheel well.

Thanks,

M.B.