Re: Re: Engine/Transmission options

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Mon May 23 2011 - 18:45:06 EDT

Thanks for the info. I'm really wondering if it's really a spun bearing at this point. It went from running perfectly fine to knocking. Oil pressure reads fine, though when I checked it before getting it towed, it was low (not sure I even had any come up on the dipstick). Going to add some oil to it, start it up, see what it does. Also had someone mention that maybe bad gas and/or carbon build-up getting into the cylinder and using some engine cleaner or maybe carb cleaner to help clear it out. I did just fill up the night before and had less than 10 miles on that fillup, but it's a shell station that I frequent. I think getting one to rebuild just isn't really in the picture. If I do that, it'll definitely be a 2-3 year project or longer, just don't have the funds for that.

Ken Allgood