no start

From: Zito, James A (GE Energy Services) (james.zito@ge.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2011 - 10:42:32 EDT

Ok lads,

'03 3.9 nv3500 2wd 210,000 miles

Jumped in the truck this morning and she cranked like mad but didn't
even try to catch. Sprayed some ether under the air hat still no
sounds of combustion.

I can hear the fuel pump run when the key is turned on.

Truck had a check engine light illuminated for the last couple weeks but
that went out a couple days ago, figure it was either an old O2 sensor
or gas cap not on correctly.......

Making the assumption that I don't have spark, wondering what sensor
should be my first suspect?

The only upside is this failure forced me into taking the 442 to
work....

Jim