Re: A Dakota died for me tonight

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat May 28 2011 - 10:03:37 EDT

> Not yet. The cops wrote my friend a ticket for failure to yield as they
> didn't talk to cops who took my statement and didn't believe my friend
> when he said the guy's headlights were off. I guess it was just easier
> for the cop that way, so now the lawyers and insurance companies get to
> duke it out.

    I'm not sure how its done, but I believe I read somewhere that
accident investigators can determine if a light bulb was on or off
when it shattered. (When I read it I think it was in regards to
brake lights, to tell if someone had their brakes on when they got
rear-ended, but it may apply to headlights as well.) Anyway, if that
is true, this might be something useful for your friend to check into.
It would certainly prove that the guy had his lights off.

--
                                          -Jon-