4.7L spark plugs

From: Matt Brenneke (brenneke@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 30 2011 - 14:14:32 EDT

2003 4.7L QC, trying to change the spark plugs myself. I can get to 6 of 8 by just removing the air box, but two are covered by a metal pipe. the 2002 service manual I'm working from doesn't have these pipes. Is it something added in 2003, or possibly aftermarket?

http://t.co/P805QBb

What are the odds they are empty with the engine off and cool and I can just remove them too to get to the last two spark plugs?

Oh, and previous owner stuck platinums in here. Ugh. Thankfully it doesn't appear to after caused any damage other than some faint lifter knocking when cool.

Thanks,
Matt