Re: 4.7l overheating

From: ssevrenc@yahoo.com
Date: Mon May 30 2011 - 20:17:49 EDT

Ted,

I have a 2001 that had identical issues. Naturally it exaggerated the problem when towing.

Once I replaced the radiator (myself), my temp guage has been consistent and barely moves when towing.

That would be my suggestion. You might as well replace the water pump while you are at it since it will be completely exposed once your radiator is off. I also did that.

Hope that helps!
Sean
'01 CC 4.7L 5-speed.