Brakes troubleshooting

From: me (chris.bulk92@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 31 2011 - 22:09:36 EDT

Hi,

I need some help troubleshooting an issue with my brakes. On first hit,
they are nice and strong. If I keep pumping the brakes, the pedal
gradually sinks farther and farther to the floor. If I let off for a 5-
10
seconds, the brakes are strong again.

Not an issue with fluid... could it be a vacuum leak somewhere? How
would
I troubleshoot this?

BTW, this happened after I had help with the timing chain, but we did
nothing to the brake syste or vacuum system. We did disconnect the fuel
line to replace the injectors and intake manifold.

The vacuum pressure is very strong (I took the cap off and the engine
died).

Could I have air in the lines, or is this the sign of something else
failing?

--
Chris Reck
Naperville, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)