Re: Question about the speedo

From: Mike & Sharon Higgins (clearcreek@gobrainstorm.net)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2011 - 20:35:02 EDT

 I don't know if a lot has changed with newer electronics; I know my '99
Dakota uses electronic speedo operation, but in MY prime (the '60's to
'80's), the speedo driven gear in the trans used different sized gears to
regulate the speedo cable to adjust the speedometer RPM, therefore showing
the correct speed by increasing or decreasing the calculated speed.

Boy, I sure can stretch a sentence.

I think that most of that simple stuff has changed by now, but the current
mechanics should be able to give you the right scoop..

Mike Higgins
1999 Dakota Xcab