Re: Alternator Upgrade

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2011 - 22:26:19 EDT

Sounds to me like the battery may be on it's way out. Power is drawn from
the battery, alternator just keeps it charged. So if the lights dim,
obviously the battery isn't putting out enough.

A 136amp alternator is a direct swap though Just need to make sure your
ends are right on the wiring. I'm using the newer style on my 98, just had
to change one end. ;)

Gary

P.S. I got a replacement dipstick for you... sorry I broke yours. :p

--
Gary Hedlin
Show Car Signs by Hedlin Designs

--Many talk about those who died, but too few talk about those who survived... THANK A VET!